Cal Lane

Bland showed me this incredible artist the other day, and I had to share. Cal Lane creates intricate sculptures out of all sorts of different materials. From I-beams to shovels, oil barrels to car doors and wheelbarrows, she uses the masculine nature of her materials to create feminine works of art. After watching my brother do metal work, and having done some plasma cutting myself, the time and energy she must exert for her pieces is had to imagine. Her attention to detail is amazing, and I would love to have one of the shovels! All the photos came from her website "Cal Lane" and there are plenty more to study and appreciate!

6 comments:

KLaw said...

Pretty awesome!

Blair said...

Oh, wonderful find indeed! so lovely!

Kristin said...

Those shovels would make me plant a garden!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

What a creative idea! Thanks for sharing!

Also, I just got my flowery broach, its so cute! I LOVE it!!!

resi Stiegler said...

I love the wheel barrow!

christi said...

wow ... thank you for sharing!