Missing Africa.

Sunset at Savuti
Literally, he was that close.
Sunrise horseback ride, not to shabby...
My sunglasses came close to being lunch for this lion, found them later in the bush, not a scratch on them... clearly the lion has good taste!
Our 'tent' at Little Mombo
A little too close for comfort!
You didn't think I would go all the way to Africa and not do some sun tanning and reading (on the amazing Kindle, could be an advertisement no?)!?
Our gorgeous room at Mala Mala
Should have taken them home with us...

A year ago today my family had our feet planted firmly on African land. I am so wishing I was there right know, so today I took time to go through all my photos and relive the amazing trip. It was so unbelievable, I can't even begin. So I apologize for the abundance of photos, I just couldn't stop myself! All thanks to my amazing parents... thank you again. This trip was one that can never be outdone!

7 comments:

KLaw said...

These are amazing photos!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

You are so lucky to have gone! I love the images of the animals, you were so close! I hope to go to Africa some day, my younger sister got to go, (I got to go to the Galapagos...another trip altogether) but Africa would be spectacular! Thanks for sharing your fabulous trip!

Claire said...

Beautiful photos! What an awesome experience!

Blair said...

Oh Padgett--looks amazing! Wish I was anywhere warmer (and drier!) than here right now. Would love to have those cute little cubs as my own:)

PS~Erin said...

I am just stunned that these are your personal photos. Absolutely amazing. So glad you revisited it with us!

Kristin said...

That must have been an absolutely amazing experience. p.s. LOVING my pin!

Liz Hoke said...

Um yeah can we go back....