Dahlia press

A while back I signed up to be a part of "Shop Swap & Blog" which was put together by a wonderful woman named Pattie. The idea was to take a bunch of different shops, swap a product of two from the shops and then blog about the goodies you received! How fantastic! So, I was so tickled when I got partnered up with the amazingly talented Stephanie from Dahlia Press and I immediately began pursuing her site, shop and blog and fell in love.

She blogged about the goodies I sent her a while back, and I have been waiting eagerly for her package. It arrived tonight and was well worth the wait! Packaged so perfectly, the product speaks for itself. Not overstated, just simple and sophisticated. She blind embossed my name as well as a gorgeous simple pattern on stationary. I love getting things with my name on them... not too many Padgett's running around out there - so it made me feel special!

So, I must share a little about Stephanie. She has always been creative, and her resume of numerous impressive jobs showcase her variety of talent. She holds degrees in Art History & Interior Design, has worked in the International Design department at Starbucks, designed retail stores, websites, products and logos for a small branding firm and finally found herself in a local school taking Letterpress printing. It was love. She set up shop and will hopefully soon be calling "Dahlia Press" her full time job.

I have so enjoyed getting to know Stephanie through this unconventional meeting - if I am every in Seattle, I hope to meet Stephanie, who seems to be incredibly talented, lovely and so very kind. Please, scoot on over to Dahlia Press, she has some very amazing things!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

How fun! I get a kick out of seeing my name on stuff, too... only because it's never spelled my way. :)

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

That is such a great idea, "shop swap & blog!" Very fun. I love the last image with the subtle look of your name pressed into the stationary!

In Honor Of Design said...

beautiful work! Love the personalized stationary!

ChezChani said...

I know what you mean about feeling special with your name on it. My first name is spelled unconventionally and it was always frustrating when I couldn't buy stuff with my name on it. Or worse people would buy it with my name spelled wrong!
Beautiful work!!

Elayne
http://chezchani.blogspot.com

Ola Fumilayo said...

"Hello Stranger" perfect :-)