2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself. (umm... below - check)
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. (If I could, I would give about 50!)
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving. (check, check)
My brother, Bland, is an incredible artist, and I must share with you his latest creation. He seeks waste to upcycle and repurpose into artwork which inspires, confounds and provokes a ponder or two. Bland has completed numerous large-scale installations including a 3 acre installation in Stone Hill Quarry Art Park in Cazenovia NY, an 8 ton modular chair lift cable sculpture on Aspen Snowmass Mountain in Snowmass Colorado, and most recently semi-sustainable snow sculpture on Snow King Mountain in Jackson WY broadcasting sound scapes via a solar powered sound system.
His most recent adventure included a repeat trip to Burning Man, a festival held in the Nevada desert. The artwork created for the annual Burning Man festival transcends art history, contemporary galleries and the vast majority of public sculpture. The artwork invites participants to play, generate roles and interact on levels that are not possible outside the boundaries of the temporary city of 50,000+ people.
Flutter tunnel was inspired by a previous sculpture completed by my lovely lady Felicia and Bland back in 2005 called the Ranch Bow. This iteration though combined both art and charity, the solar powered flashlights used to light the sculpture at night during their stay at Burning Man are being shipped off toSchools for Salone in Africa to distribute to school children to study at night. soo...
The captions and photos are from Bland:
190 rods or 9,900 lbs
The Hammock Trike. With your back to the wind, this thing puttered along at a pace of 3 mph. Feet up, relaxified and smiling like a fool. Parked it at the Flutter Tunnel to dust the 200 flashlight's solar panels off for enhanced charging capabilities.
Wahooo! Today marks the amazing 100th post! To all of those that read (and maybe re-read?) this site, whoo hoo! It makes me happy to hear back about the little discoveries I post, so thanks to those that comment.
OK, to mark this momentous occasion and to give back a bit to you precious readers, I announce the giveaway of some extra lovely jewels. Yes, I have created three new dangle earrings, one for you to win!
1. Let me know which pair of earrings you fancy by commenting below!
2. This is big, so huge you should spread the word about this little blog giving away little jewels. Twitter a tweet post a blog, face a book... whatever you do, I always say the more the merrier...
3. RSS this site - that means you will know when new posts pop up, because lets be honest, it makes me happy & then you will know when I have more giveaways and new items in the shop...
4. If you don't wear dangle earrings or don't have pierced ears (Resi!) let me know in the comments and if you win we'll set you up with something else, special... no one is left out!
You have till noon next Tuesday (September 22) to comment and then I will announce the winner! ps: if the lucky winner doesn't choose the earrings you fancy, the other two pairs will be put on my etsy site, so...win win!!