{diy} wreath part two

The coffee filter wreath was such a hit, that I decided to make another wreath for my lovely lady Felicia "Reed" Resor, who is brilliant, creative, inspiring, loving etc. etc., but she is also an avid reader and we love to get into book discussions together. For Christmas I created a book wreath for her, and unless she was lying - she seemed to love it.

So, if you are motivated to make one, it was really not too hard (for the non makers - see below I put this wreath for sale!). I took a well loved book that was falling apart, ripped the pages out and with a bunch of different folds basically just started pinning them onto the styrofoam ring and filling it out. Once I had it covered, I went back numerous times and added where ever there were holes that needed filling. So, since it was such a hit I decided to make another, and for those of you who would just like to purchase the wreath - I put in in my shop for sale! I will also be adding another floral wreath, floral balls, and a mini wreath to the store, so keep checking in. I will post about those tomorrow!

12 comments:

Deliciously Organized said...

It's lovely! You are so creative! I might need to try this one :)

Holey Shift said...

Um...so cool! I have a big blank wall above my futon that is dieing for maybe three of these?! I will have to tackle an art project and see how it turns out!
Just so you know...I am always reading:)

Morgan said...

So creative and beautiful! Nice work!

Rebecca said...

This is absolutely beautiful! How creative!!

Federica said...

How lovely is it? Amazing!
Wonderful work!
Federica
xoxo

Federica said...

Don't miss my First Anniversary Giveaway!
Federica
xoxo

Anna Liesemeyer said...

oh my gosh this is beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing excited to put this on my list of to-do's!

Federica said...

Thank you for entered my giveaway and for your lovely comment darling!
Good luck and have a wonderful weekend.
Federica

KLaw said...

I love love love this!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

how stinkin awesome is that? i'm heading to half priced books to make one of my own! glad i stumbled on ur blog! you've got a new follower!

Pink to Green said...

This is enchanting; I love this idea and it is so pretty! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog so that I could find yours-- will be back to visit!

resi Stiegler said...

love this one! Hadley and I were trying to find it! he he glad you made it. Looks beautiful!