Art Fair recap!

So, after a very long and exhausting weekend, I am finally revived and wanted to share some photos of my booth at the art fair! I was really excited about it, and received many great comments on the presentation (which made me super happy as I had spent much time putting together just the display, not to mention actually making all the jewelry!)

(you can click on any photo to enlarge it for greater detail)

To start, I scavenged around the house and found a bunch of old frames which I painted white, stapled burlap into the frame, added some rosettes for added color, and drew in the numbers, which also doubled as the price of the earrings... (sounds super self explanatory, but found out VERY quickly that only 1 or 2 people the entire weekend figured that little functionality out without me saying so)! Anyway, my dad helped me cut down the aspens, then I put together the structures to hang the earring frames. The necklaces were a bit easier and less time consuming to put together. I took an aspen tree and cut it down in order to make 'ladders' for the necklaces. On the horizontals, I pounded in a ton of nails to hold the necklaces, and then made them into ladders. I added numbers to display the price (again, not self explanatory)...

A few finishing touches like the chandelier, fabric, some aspen branches and my old desk made everything come together! I had my card(s) on the table - both my www.padgetthoke.com & real estate cards out too - just in case someone wanted some stud earrings and a house... you never know who is walking around at that show! All in all, I was very happy with the outcome!

Any of these ideas on a smaller scale are really great ways to display your own jewelry, keeps it tangle free and makes a great presentation!
I have to give a big thanks to my mom and dad who helped set up, and clean up. My wonderful mother brought me lunch & manned the booth every day for about an hour so I could escape to the restroom and have a peaceful lunch - when she showed up I would always sigh in relief as I knew I could have a few minutes to myself! Also, a thank you to Mary Beth, who helped set up and Hadley who helped tear down - also invaluable help! Anyway, hope you like my booth, I was oh so proud of all the work I put into this show!

on a random note - I set up a tumblr account to organize the photos I come across and {heart}, check it out here: padgetthoke.tumblr.com

17 comments:

Ms. Givens said...

It is lovely!

The two of us... said...

Oh my, I can't believe how beautiful and inviting your display is! I so wish I could have seen it in person. Congratulations on all your hard work, and of course your jewelry is amazing! xoxo

Jackie said...

What a wonderful job! It looks so pretty and fits your aesthetic perfectly! I wouldn't mind hanging out in there for a day ;)

sws said...

how beautiful! And all your lovely jewelry...looks so wonderful in the aspen tree ladders. I hope you had lots of jewelry and home sales! love, s

Liz Hoke said...

Its so peaceful..Love it and I am glad it was a success! And I got the prices when you text the picture.. I guess that makes me smarter than the average bear (nice)! People are so funny!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness Padgett! It is so beautiful! I hope it was everything you wanted it to be, because your ideas are stunning... you should be very proud!

Abbie said...

Padgett!! It seriously looks amazing! What a fabulous job.

Aunt Julie said...

Dear Padgett,
How absolutely refreshing to see that beautiful display! I wish I could have been there to see it. I know that you must have a real following. What a talent you have.

Laura Hall said...

Your amazing!! I love this! xoxo

Deliciously Organized said...

Padgett! I love it! SO beautiful. And what a creative way to add the price! Job well done!

phartnett said...

loved the jewelry! Must admit that when I came to the booth there were lots of people in there. Didn't get to appreciate the set up as much as I should have. It is awesome. So are the earrings and necklace I bought. Great job

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

Such a beautiful booth!!

Anna Liesemeyer said...

wow...totally impressed. Its gorgeous! And I really love the frames and burlap idea! I may have to try that sometime. Hope it was successful!
<3
anna

Lisa said...

Padgett, I am so sorry I was out of town for the craft fair. I hope you are also going to do the August show so I can come by your booth!

Alleen said...

I truly enjoyed seeing the pictures of your booth. What a great creative outlet.

Alleen

forloveandlemons said...

this looks beautiful!!!!

forloveandlemons said...

this looks beautiful!!!!