Pie + weekend recap

So, the pie crust and I, once again had a total disagreement. words were spoken that I most certainly wouldn't have wanted my grandmother to hear... why can just three ingredients prove so challenging? first it wouldn't roll out, then it turned to sticky, then it stuck to the board... Anyway, I salvaged it, barely, and ended up not covering the nectarines and blueberries totally, but sprinkling stars all over. thank goodness it tasted delicious, but I will absolutely need an official lesson in pie crust-ology before I ever try pie crust again.

Had a really busy & fun weekend filled with hiking, camping, fishing, road biking, mountain biking, and of course - eatting yummy food! Here are a couple photos of my hike up Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (which I had never done before, shame on me, and completed it in under 2 hours) - it is about 4100 feet in elevation gain, ending at about 10,450 feet above sea level. The greatest thing about the hike though is the free ride down the tram... oh it makes me very happy!

Enjoy your Monday!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I wish I had half your baking ability :) Your photos of the pie and your hike are fantastic!!

pcskiboy said...

Now that looks yummy. Can you overnight some to PC?

Katie said...

Holla! I need some of that ASAP! I think I could justify a pie like that for breakfast since it has fruit right???

Ms. Givens said...

That is a beautiful pie!

Annie said...

That is literally the prettiest pie I've ever seen!! And it looks sooo delicious! Wow, nice work

Deliciously Organized said...

I need a slice of that pie! I've actually never made a pie. I should try one?