I'm home!

Well I actually got back from China a few days ago, but then spent some time in rainy San Diego and rainy Salt Lake, so officially I got back to Jackson yesterday - only to be greeted by more rain/snow. Weather has not been good for me the past three weeks. Thank you all for sticking with me through that prolonged absence from the blog! I have lots to update you on, and hopefully now I will be back to my regular postings! 

So, China was a blast! It is an amazing place, so full of history, culture and of course lots and lots of people. We arrived in Beijing and were there about 3 days, went from there to Shanghai to the World Expo. Next we traveled to Suzhou, Hangzhou and back to Shanghai. It was a whirlwind trip and I am so glad I was able to go. Unfortunately our weather was not stellar - between the fog/smog/rain it was a little hard to really capture the true essence of the cities - but I think we got a pretty good idea! Beware - lots and lots of photos to follow...

Outside of Tian An Men Square
About to enter the Forbidden City with the portrait of Chairman Mao... my sissy (on the left) and me
Inside Forbidden Palace - lots of people!
Cute little elder man!
First of many lazy susan lunch/dinners
First of many temple visits
Oh, the Great Wall is indeed so great. 1700 steps later we arrived at the top.
Those stairs were both steep and totally irregular - one step would be two inches, the next 2 feet tall - makes it hard to keep up with a rhythm for climbing!
The top was so worth it!
Summer palace
funny little chinese 'doctor'
rainy ride to a home for dinner...
one of my favorite World Expo buildings
Canal tour - how these structures remain standing is a complete mystery to me

the Bund in Shanghai
Not only am I crossing rug making off my list of careers, I am also crossing off silk making, cloisonne, silk embroidery, jade carving and tea drying. lots of patience to do any of those jobs!
Some couped up chickens at a local market - very sad...
delicious looking vegi's, I have sparred you from the meat display
Boat tour in Hangzhou

The fastest train in the world - Shanghai Maglev Train - goes up to 431 km/hr, we only went 300 km/hr which is around 200mph... didn't feel like much but it was incredibly quiet!

Whoa, thank you for reading and looking at all those photos - I could have gone on and on, but to save everyone I hope that was enough!

Also, being a negligent blogger I forgot to ever say who won the giveaway that I had about a month ago (I am pathetic, I know)... so, out of 4 people, you 4 had a great chance, but the winner is: Anna Liesemeyer! Email me and I will send you the code for $40.00 at CSN!

Enjoy your Monday!

7 comments:

Ms. Givens said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. I hear China is beautiful.
When my nephew was little I asked him where he would want to go in the world and he said "China, so I can get my mom lots of China recipes."

The two of us... said...

What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! I wish the weather would have been better- but I am glad you had a great time!

VogueOntheRange said...

Welcome HOME! I love these photos and am living vicariously through you since my wings are clipped until next spring. You and your sissy are beeeautiful - what a fun trip and sisterly bonding experience. Can't wait to see more!

xoxox

Megan said...

What an incredible trip; thanks for sharing your pictures!! looks like you got to see and experience so much- welcome home!

Liz Hoke said...

I am glad you finally put up stuff! I was missing your posts and I was with you! I am so glad that we got to do that together... I love our adventures!

Morgan said...

What an amazing trip! China is defintiely on my bucket list.. so jealous of you walking the great wall!

Katie said...

So glad you are back!! The trip looks awesome and it seems you have a lot a wonderful memories. Yay to Anna for winning! She's so precious!