goal: calligraphy

If you remember, I had a resolution to learn calligraphy, and I am actually sticking to it! I got to take a class at Alt, and it ignited my passion for it & made me really want to stick with the resolution! I have been practicing every day since I got home (total of three days so far, wee) & thought I would practice with some packages I was sending out.
If you close one eye and squint the other - it doesn't look half bad! I am determined to learn this, so get ready for future posts that document my progress.

This is also a disclaimer to the recipients of these packages - no, I am absolutely no professional - you are my guinea pigs for practice!

12 comments:

Megan said...

I think these looks great- I hope one day I can take a class too. I feel like I would doodle lists all day long just to look at the prettiness!

WB said...

I actually like the blots. They remind me of Bright Star (the movie about Keats)...?

Some of the girl's schools in my hometown had their own signature handwriting. My history teacher went to one that taught them to apply pressure with downward strokes and lighten with upward. It looked very pretty and it's a simple tip to remember.

Lillian (Unstitched.) said...

What!! These look INCREDIBLE! :) Looks like that calligraphy class was really good! :) You must've had a natural talent - these look fantastic! :)

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Padgett, you did an amazing job with these! So, if I happen to be passing through Wyoming on my way back to the East Coast, can I stop over for a lesson? I'd love to learn how to do this someday.

oh, hello friend. said...

WHAT! You did that after what you learned from Alt? Okay you totally put me to shame, well done! It looks so pretty! I think I'll go practice more now ;) xo, danni

RAENOVATE said...

ummm i'd like to leave the same comment as danni! girlllll you are way too good already. get ready to address my wedding invites.

Melissa said...

It looks so beautiful (and I'm not squinting, or just saying that)! Great job. I'm glad to hear that you've been practicing.

Keep posting your calligraphy projects!

Katie said...

I think it's awesome you are doing this for you! It looks great to me :)

Craftiness NOW said...

um, it actually looks AMAZING! i've tried before, but never gotten such beautiful results :-)

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Wow, I think you're doing great. I would also love to learn!

Lydia said...

I love it!!!! I was SO impressed when I got it in the mail!!!!

PS~Erin said...

They look SO good!! Time well spent there!!