San Diego recap

... I am back from san diego, into the cold and snow and thick of winter. flying in last night was a bit sketchy.  True story: 20 minutes prior to landing the pilot said, "they are testing the runway to see how slick it is, aka driving a pick up truck down the runway at high speed, hitting the breaks and seeing how far the truck slides." ahh the advance technologies used at the JH Airport are really comforting...

Anyway, vacations are fantastic, but coming back to reality - takes a bit of time to get into the swing of things!

Highlights of the San Diego trip: 
 lots and lots of amazing food. if you are in La Jolla - Piatti is the best restaurant around - a must. we have been going there for so many years, it feels like home! if you do, sit on the deck under the big tree, the best!
amazing bike rides. both challenging rides and extremely relaxing rides...
read this book. amazing, I highly recommend.

and, most important of all - spent tons of time with friends and family - it was wonderful.

on a sad note. I lost my camera. my belief is that it is being held captive by the pizza nazi - I won't name names but I am pretty sure he has it. argh. anyone have a recommendation for their favorite camera?!

7 comments:

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

I'm sorry to hear you lost your camera, but I'm glad you had so much fun while you were here. I'm definitely putting Piatti on my list of places to go.
And the runway story is hysterical -- and a bit scary.

Becky said...

Same pizza Nazi who got angry when we moved his chairs across the street so we were in the sun? Can't wait to be there. Beck

KC said...

So sorry to hear about your camera! Thanks for sharing that book though...I need a good new one!

Sarah Jane said...

Bummer about the camera. love pics of SD!! wish i was there now:)

{lovely little things} said...

Thanks, I need a new read!
Just found your blog, it's lovely.

Noe @ ADELLA AVENUE said...

My hubby and I love Piatti. I just love eating in the garden area out back. Wonderful house drinks, too! So excited you mentioned it.

-xx Noe ADELLA AVENUE

Emily said...

I miss San Diego almost every day. That's funny about the airport (only b/c you're obviously okay and b/c it didn't happen to me). Sorry about your camera. :( We picked up a teeny canon point and shoot. It's about the size of our cell phones so it fits in my (lame woman) pockets pretty well. We have an older and bigger canon that I prefer b/c I can there are more settings to change. We're saving up for a digital slr.