dessert, dessert & more dessert.

This past week, I have made far to many desserts. Not that I don't love to do it, and not that I don't love to eat them... it is just that with each dessert I make - I consume so much of the ingredients as I go, well, lets just say it makes eating healthy very difficult! Enough about the guilt though, lets just get to the goodies! First...
 were the chocolate chip vanilla cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream and nutella buttercream... yum! and super easy - add the mini chocolate chips to the batter of the cupcakes, and then for the icing's  I made the traditional buttercream, split it in half and added the cinnamon in one and nutella in the other. deelicious! next...
was this little devilish pie. made especially for St. Patrick's day, but could be used for any occasion minus the green. I found the recipe here, complete with pictures and directions, yay for foodie bloggers!

Last were these decadent, deadly brownies. Augh, they were amazing. mint oreo brownies with bailey's irish buttercream... again, yuum. For the brownie recipe, click here - again with complete directions and photos (I exchanged the cookies and cream ice cream for mint chocolate chip and the mint oreos for regular oreos). Then I decided to raise the deliciousness a bit and made the plain buttercream and added a shot of Baileys for true authentic St. Patrick's day fun! These turned out to be the most oogie gooie brownies I had ever made - for high altitude cooking that is a feat!

Anyway, as you can see, I have for sure had my sugar fill for at least a couple days... what fun to try a couple food blogger recipes - great great resource if you haven't already found that out! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

7 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

You had me at nutella buttercream!

Ms. Givens said...

Oh MY!

It all looks wonderful.

KC said...

seriously not helping my pact for lent to give up sweets! can't wait to try those after easter!

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Oh, Padgett, YUM! Everything looks so good. I've made far too few desserts lately, as in none. Well, except the Guinness chocolate cake last week and the bananas foster I made last night to top my bowl of ice cream. I really need to get my bake on soon.

Anna of IHOD said...

Ohhh myyyyy WORD!! You are killing me! I gave up sweets for Lent! I am going to have to save this for Easter! :D
Hope you are having a fabulous week Padgett!

Val said...

I think I'm officially starving = )))

Gabri est là said...

I'm a big Oreo fan...and that cake, just killed me! Looks delicious!
Kisses from http://cinnamonspicedart.blogspot.com/