Julie Prince Flowers

When my cousin Hannah was married in the summer of 2008, she told me prior to the wedding that she was going to have an ice sculpture flower arrangement. I was a little scared to see it, as ice sculptures conjure up images of giant swans, but after seeing it, I loved it!
my photo from Hannah's wedding
The talented lady behind these amazing, unique pieces of art is Julie Prince. Aren't these cool (no pun intended)? I haven't seen anything yet quite like it and I had to show off her beautiful work. Here are a couple other examples from her website.

Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Morgan said...

what the?!?! never seen or heard of this in my life but it's awesome! such a cool idea! definitely a conversation starter!

KC said...

these are awesome! so elegant!

The two of us... said...

I am so glad you featured Julie. She is truly amazing and talented!!

Lillian (Unstitched.) said...

Wow, they all look so stunning!! I'm in love. I now want to throw a fabulous event just so I can have flowers like these :)

Have a fantastic weekend, Padgett!! :)

Justine @ Urban Scarlet said...

i've never seen anything like this before. this is great!

Emily said...

so beautiful! If only flowers were not crazy expensive I would have them sitting in my room fresh every day!
xoxo em

loving your blog more and more

WB said...

Amazing! I love the ones where only the stems are frozen. It's as if they're punning on frozen water = glass in water.

I'm curious how she got the ice so clear though... very clever