Brunch-o-licious

I am still buzzing with Royal wedding excitement - I had so much fun watching it all, it just put such a smile on my face. I thought Kate was absolutley gorgeous, and I just loved the amazing tradition of everything. I could go on and on. A true fairy tale.
Anyway, this morning my lovely lady Hadley, Blair and their other two roomates threw a oh so delicious brunch. I left stuffed and still wanting more! Here were some of the yummy dishes...
above is what we all commonly refer to as "bacon crack" - incredible delicious, insanely addictive. baked bacon glazed with brown sugar & cayenne pepper... so good.
I had seen on one of my favorite bloggers & amazing Alt summit caligraphy teacher, Melissa Esplin's site (isly) her recipe for Lemon Pull - Aparts. I couldn't wait to try, and with her pointers mine came out super delicious! Not as pretty as her photos, but I am guessing just as tasty (below)!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Padgett, this brunch is absolutely stunning! I want to know what everything is. What's the last photo of? And is that french toast I see? Oh yum!!

{lovely little things} said...

I know, I'm still excited about the royal wedding 3 days later, I can't get over her dress!!

Looks like a spectacular brunch!

Emily♥♥♥ said...

Hi Padgett. I'm not sure if you remember me, Emily Jackson (Now Emily Ridgway) from High School. I was surfing from one blog to the next, when I found your name in notyouraverageordinary.com. I thought, "Well how many Padgett Hokes can there be?" And low and behold, it was you! I just wanted to say how cool it was running into your blog like this! I've just started up a blog as well, Wilderlace.blogspot.com. Nice running into you!

Katie said...

Your brunch looks amazing!!! I am still excited about the royal wedding too. It even got me thinking this weekend... what is the Royal family's last name??? Seriously, I was doing research on them for an hour over the weekend... it catches your interest and you can't turn away!

KC said...

I am seriously salivating!!

Little Pink Rain Boots said...

Everything looks so delish. I too am still buzzing with Royal wedding excitement. I loved her dress to pieces.

-Julie. littlepinkrainboots.blogspot.com