Ragnar So Cal 2011 Recap!

We did it! What an amazing time, I put together a video that captures what we did for 34 hours on Friday and Saturday.
My legs are feeling much better - not realizing that two of the three of my running sections were primarily uphill did a doozy on these used to flat distances legs! If someone asked our group to do it again next week - I bet we would!
 At one time, probably around three in the morning when we were sleep deprived, and probably pretty loopy we noted that "this is the most painful, yet most fun thing to do - all at the same time". Running through the finish line as a team made it all absolutely worth it!
Things I learned from the experience:
1. You do not eat nearly as much food as you think you might.
2. When you are not running, the time in the car flies by as you are focused so much on helping the runner at hand.
3. Do not just look at the mileage of your legs, but the inclines and hills you will be running - lesson learned!
4. Everyone surrounding the Ragnar experience is so uplifting, encouraging and happy - great atmosphere to be around!
5. While sleep is nice, if you don't get any, you don't necessarily need it to get through the race.
6. "The Stick" is your best friend when you jump directly into the car after a run without getting to stretch first.
7. Good navigation is a very good thing.
8. A runners GPS unit is awesome, tells you when you hit miles, running pace and total distance - amazing for this old school girl.
If anyone is contemplating racing in a Ragnar, or wants more information, don't hesitate to ask! I felt very prepared in the items I brought with me for the adventure, so if that is of interest to anyone let me know too!

6 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

amazing. I'm so excited I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

KC said...

Congrats! I would love to get some pals together and do this race next year! How long did you train for it beforehand...or are you a runner by nature? :)

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Your family is fierce! I'm so impressed. I would have been the crankiest person without sleep.

sws said...

I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with, the running or the video. This was so much fun to watch. My kids loved it, too. Way to go!! Tibby would be so proud! You all look fantastic and it looks like it was a lot of fun.

Maria said...

I am so impressed with the video! I seriously had a blast and am happy that you did to. Now here's to hoping we can do it again next year!:)

{lovely little things} said...

What fun, congrats!!