Sound advice

I really want these boots. It must be turning to fall because my yearly hunt for the perfect boot has begun once again. Anyway, for me - these boots would be a huge splurge. So, I emailed them to Felicia, one of my best friends, with the tag line "talk me out of these - tell me how unpractical I am being" and here is what she wrote to me:

"Unfortunately, before I read your message I thought, "How practical." They really are. A great way to class up any nice pants and top outfit. And as the description says, they are "timeless." Ok, I'm not doing my job very well.

The way I see it buying expensive clothing is justifiable when it is first timeless; second, when you know you will get certain use out of it because of how it fits with your wardrobe; third, when you can buy it on sale (sale = still really expensive, but at least you can tell yourself you are getting a deal!).

So really the only practical thing I have given you to work with is #3. And the problem is that #3 is often in conflict with #1 (I find some timeless things just never go on sale). Is it possible, however, to see if these boots do?

Clearly this is what I'd rather be thinking about then what I am currently working on : )"

I love her so much - smart, talented and one of the best friends one could ask for. Verdict is still out as to whether I will take that plunge, but she sure did a good job convincing me!

10 comments:

Adrianne said...

You're right - they are the perfect boot! :) Pick me up a pair too. xo!

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

These are gorgeous, and I understand your dilemma. I would suggest waiting until early January (or even better spring) and picking them up on Ebay for a steal.

Morgan said...

Love everything about this!

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Padgett, they're fabulous and so very you. And they look comfortable. I think we have a winner! I vote yes. Buy them.

Maria said...

AMAZING! I vote to treat yourself. Why not?! Buy them and enjoy them.

Abbie said...

Honestly, I've been trying to talk myself out of these boots for weeks. I keep telling myself that they won't fit over my "muscular" calves.

Liz Hoke said...

Splurge! You don't do it very often and you always take such good care and love for those things!! Do it!!

The Egg said...

Giiiirl, we are seriously on the same page! I've already requested these beauts for my birthday. They will be perfect out here : )

Ms. Givens said...

Love the color sooooo much!

Paisley Print Shoes said...

haha your friend is too funny! she's right though, they are timeless. i may just need to pick those up!