Alt Summit in Salt Lake

Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest
All photos are from the Alt Design Summit photo stream. The photographers of the above photos were Justin Hackworth, Brooke Dennis of B.A.D photography, and Leigh Anna and CJ of Moss and Isaac.

I was in Salt Lake pretty much all last week. I was there for the Alt Summit - amazing, wonderful and overwhelming. Just as I expected, seeing as it was my second year going!
I had troubles getting there, a five hour road trip turned to about nine hours because of car troubles - absolutely no fun whatsoever. Thankfully my return home last night was uneventful.


My roomie for the week was Rachel from Raenovate - we had an absolute blast together and it was very sad dropping her at the airport yesterday. Thanks to my wonderful, generous and absolutely loving sister Liz that actually housed both of us in her beautiful condo. The Summit itself was fantastic, highlights were the keynote speech by Ben Silbermann who created Pinterest & the mini parties. Bonus was getting to chat with Ben Silbermann at the mini parties. The panels, lunches, parties and mini workshopes were all amazing, and I got to meet some really creative, inspiring people.


An unexpected highlight was the foodie tour on Saturday! We went to Les Madeleines, an absolute MUST if you are in SLC to try their famous Kouing Aman - a pastry made by only about 5 other bakeries in the country. It is aptly described as 'crack'. Don't get just one - you will be sad. Then we went to Tony Caputos market and sampled about 10 different cheeses and meats, plus got a quick, very in depth lesson on chocolate. Delicious!


If you want to see more photos, head over here.

8 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Looks like it was a wonderful time! I am hoping to go next year!

Morgan said...

Looks amazing!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Looks like quite a time!

Caroline said...

Alt. always sounds so amazing - I'm so envious of all the amazing bloggers who attend!

Isn't Les Madeleine's amazing? I just went there for lunch with my mom on Tuesday - if you're ever back and they happen to be out of Kouing Aman, their carrot cake cookie sandwiches aren't a bad runner up by any means!

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

I had to go upstairs and lie down for a bit after that Foodie tour. It was so good but so much! I'm so glad we got to spend some time together in SLC, Padgett! It's your turn to visit me in DC next. And I'm glad all is well with your car and you had a safe, uneventful drive home!

RAENOVATE said...

i miss liz's condo and spending time with the hokes. i would also like to add take-out from pf changs to the highlight list! oh and running through hand sized snowflakes. XOXO!

Juice said...

What a great trip this must have been. I hope to go next year.

Anonymous said...

Tony Caputo's has the Kouign Amann also now made in house with organic locally sourced flour (not made by Les Madelines , and yes you can have more than 6 without specially ordering them) . Some say they are better than Madeline's , check them out and see for yourself. And there is a new flavor now filled with chocolate ganach.