It took about 4 months to do these projects. I had all the material, plenty of time - I guess I just didn't want to screw them up. And, I did, but I am still pretty proud of them!
Both were incredibly easy, and incredibly cheap. Like most things in my life, I don't have an endless amount of patience. So, when it comes to taping, planning and taking my time to paint - well it just doesn't happen. I like instant gratification.
First the antlers - no tape used, I just winged it. If you don't have antlers lying around (thanks to Sam, the hunter man who found these - and many more - while out in the great outdoors) you can actually order them online. Then get yourself some acrylic pant, some paintbrushes & go to town. The painted beauties are now on my mantle, where hopefully they won't be examined because they are FAR from perfect, but they make me happy!
The chairs were a purchase from Home Again way back in the beginning of the house building. They were a sad sad brown color, so I loosely followed this DIY. Same theory as with the antlers - little patience & instant gratification = many drip marks and gold speckle everywhere, but if you squint they look perfect!